Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Writing and Sweden

I love to write. It's one of my favourite past-times, but I find it hard to force myself to sit down and type out a story. I have so many ideas I think have the potential to be great. I need to follow the Butt In Chair, Hands On Keyboard philosophy. Honestly, the hardest part is starting. I don't mean just starting a story, but forcing myself to begin writing each day. I keep hoping blogs will help, but they usually don't. It really is about motivation and willpower.

In an unrelated note, I really love Sweden. Well, the Nordic countries in general, but Sweden and Denmark just seem like such fantastic places. Sweden is rated one of the happiest nations, and they have so many benefits. In Sweden, you won't lose your house if someone in your family gets sick or hurt. In America, I'm getting more and more disgusted by the way people praise our country and Democracy, yet are unwilling to do anything to help it. Democracy allows people to think only of themselves and not of the country. No one would vote for a tax increase, or for a cut in welfare spending, though we obviously need it very much. No one would vote for a cut in military spending, at the fear of being labeled anti-American. I even recently read an article about a group of people who say the International Baccalaureate program, which promotes thinking on a world-wide level, is unAmerican because it has too many European ideals. Well, I for one am supportive of this ideals.

Now to combine the two paragraphs above. I want to move to Sweden, or a Nordic country, sometime soon. Maybe right after college, maybe after grad school, we'll see how it goes. To do that, I'll need money. I can't have a conventional job at the moment, because I need to use my time to get really nice scholarships so I won't need a job. I will need money to move though, especially since I plan on importing my car. Not only am I ridiculously attached to it, but it might even be cheaper to import it rather than buy a new one there. Basically, I need money. What can I do? Well, I can write. I can get paid to write. On my own time, at my own discretion. There's a website that provides "assignments" that you can claim and submit work to. If they end up using your work, you can be paid quite well. Hopefully it will all work out, and I'll have the motivation to keep writing.

Yeah, this blog as become more of a diary than anything, because I don't have any followers. I don't censor myself, nor do I try to write in the utmost perfect style. Yes, my paragraph above is kind of hard to read, and slightly rambling. But hey, it's for myself. Mostly all I need is practice.

So thanks, computer screen, for patiently listening to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment